Guest Service Manager
DukesHouse Wood, Hexham
For over 35 years, our transformative trips have encouraged both adults and young people to build confidence and resilience by using the great outdoors and our selection of adventurous, challenging and high-adrenaline activities. With ten activity centres across the UK, a Château in France, and a centre in Hong Kong, we provide unbeatable life changing experiences for everyone.
• To own the customer experience from pre arrival through to departure
• Manage and support the Centre team to deliver the Kingswood guest experience
• Support the delivery of standards across all departments in support of the General Manager
• Establish a positive Customer Service Culture, ensuring that all clients have the best experience
• Delivery of Centre KPI’s which include – NPS, RBOS, H&S, internal and external audits and employee engagement
• Effectively manage the Customer Service team to meet customer service targets
• To support all aspects of safeguarding on site
• To take the role of duty manager as and when required
To fully support and exemplify the overall company purpose – ‘Team Engagement, Customer Experience and operational Excellence” through our values “We have integrity, we insist on inclusivity, we are courageous, we constantly nurture”
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities:
• To work to targets to drive the Centre sales and marketing effort and promote returning clients.
• Contribute to business sales and marketing initiatives.
• Report and feedback to sales detail of the visit in preparation for re-booking
• Ensure all communication from pre-arrival to departure is handled in a professional and timely manner eg. dorming, programme, arrivals, previews, visitors, guests, supplier and Head Office queries.
• Conduct Centre previews and preview weekends as required.
• Ensure the Customer Services Team conduct guest briefings on arrival and are available as a point of contact for visiting teachers throughout their stay.
• Manage on-site guest liaison on a daily basis.
• Proactively make or suggest improvements in terms of Customer satisfaction to Centre General Manager.
• Ensure that the Customer Services team undertake a feedback meeting with every group and the necessary feedback forms are completed and information acted on and dealt with effectively.
• Achieve customer satisfaction targets through an agreed quality control plan. To ensure the on Centre customer journey (pre-arrival through to departure) and experience is in line with company standards.
• Personally demonstrate a high level of customer service/interaction and create a culture where feedback is encouraged and responded to in a positive manner.
• Support Course Directors to ensure that any issues raised are dealt with in professional and timely manner.
• To drive a customer service culture ensuring that all staff on centre are customer focused through feedback, support and training.
• To line manage, coach and develop the Customer Service Coordinator(s) to ensure their tasks are completed and ensure excellent service is delivered at all times.
• Regular liaison with Centre General Manager and relevant sales teams.
• Complete all weekly and monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Attendance and participation in meetings, training and other conferences and events as required.
• Provide management information as required.
• Compliance with H & S at Work legislation
• Compliance with company and industry best practice in relation to all aspects of safety on site.
• To take the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead
• Undertaking specific Customer Service projects as directed by the Centre General Manager
• Cover for CSM’s at other centers as required.
Take the role of Duty manager as and when required
Typical knowledge, skills and experience:
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Excellent Communication skills
Understanding of safeguarding
Experience of managing and developing teams
A recognised management qualification or relevant degree
Experience of HR processes, training and development
IT literate, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Prior experience of CRM, HR, Training and scheduling software
Prior experience of working in a customer service environment.
Is professional, organised and can communicate effectively
Can demonstrate working to a broad range of KPI’s – NPS, Finance, H&S, Retention etc
Experience of sales and revenue generation
Experience of working in the education sector
Our culture is built of sustaining a safe working, living and visiting environment, where safeguarding underpins everything we do, the way we manage our teams and engage with our guests. This comes from creating a foundation of checks and measures we undertake to ensure we attract, recruit and employ the right people, committed to our overall aims.
What is a DBS check?
A DBS Check is a Disclosure and Barring Service Check has the following key purposes:
1. DBS Checks are a vital part of safeguarding for an organisation, as well as ensuring that they are able to employ suitable candidates
2. Preventing (and keeping records of) unsuitable individuals from working with vulnerable groups
3. Check if there’s any reason a potential employee is inappropriate for the role that they’ve applied for
4. To respond to referrals from organisations that are concerned that a candidate may not be suitable for a job due to the reasons above
5. Its aim is to verify a person has no previous convictions that may make them unsuitable, and they don’t pose a risk to the safety of the children we work with and other people. Due to this, all potential employees must have a DBS check completed. Once a DBS check is completed, a certificate will be issued directly to you
6. You won’t be able to start working in your new role until your DBS check has been completed
7. If you have DBS certificate registered with the update service, you won’t need to do a new DBS check, but we will need your certificate number to verify this.