Brighton Head Office
Brighton / Hybrid
Responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient HR service to the business through supporting and advising the employees and people managers to manage their teams in line with their people plans covering the whole employee lifecycle.
• Act as a key point of contact for managers and employees.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with managers across the Company, ensuring that working practices are conducted within employment best practice and legislation
• Participate and advise in employee relation issues to include disciplinary, grievance, capability processes, performance reviews, probationary period reviews and absence management meetings
• Attend meetings at our centres and offices around the UK with line managers to support and guide them with people related issues in their team
• Support Managers with absences, occupational health referrals and return to work for employees
• Regular review and update of HR policies and associated templates
• Support to the HR Shared Services team with escalation of queries, administration and DBS applications including assisting with onboarding during busy times
• Involvement in projects such as implementation of employee surveys and communication tools, plus assistance with roll out of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion campaigns.
• CIPD Qualified level 5
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to adapt own style as required.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, intermediate level word and excel and HR
• Good organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work from own initiative.
• Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast pace environment.
• A proactive approach with the ability to use own initiative to suggest improvements and facilitate change.
• Discretion and confidentiality are essential
• An ability to stay calm under pressure
• Previous experience of working in Outdoor Education
• Safeguarding knowledge
We are Inspiring Learning. Since 1980, we have been leading the way in providing children from across the world with unique, educational and fun-filled adventure programmes. With a range of day camps in and around London and the Home Counties, plus a selection of year-round residential Centre’s, we are the UK’s largest provider of adventure camps for young people. Since 1980, over 1 million children have attended our day camps and this year, over 165,000 young people attended our residential camps from over 35 countries across the world.
An adventure with Inspiring Learning offers so much more than adrenaline and challenge. Here, you’ll be working towards shaping the development of the young people we work with; here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting impression on someone’s life
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with Inspiring Learning.