Full time 5 shifts out of 7 (including some weekends)
Support the smooth running of Catering services and standards that drives Centre’s delivery and achievement of the highest levels of guest satisfaction and ensures achievement of costs in line with budgets.
Assist in the preparation and provision of meals ensuring compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
• Participate in the preparation, cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
• Assist in washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchen equipment. Maintain hygiene and health and safety standards in the kitchen/dining room as appropriate.
• Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wear, is worn at all times.
• Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendations as appropriate.
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
• Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
• Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
• Carry out regular checks of kitchen equipment e.g. mixers, fryer, utensils, work surfaces in accordance with specified procedures to ensure all equipment is hygienic and in safe working order and complies with relevant regulations.
• Previous experience working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers.
• A positive attitude and commitment to providing nutritious meals
• The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate would be advantageous
• Understands and able to apply Health and Safety procedures relevant to the job such as:
• Manual Handling
• Safe use of machinery and/or equipment
• First aid and hygiene practice
• Lone working procedures and responsibilities
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.