Full Time- 40 hours per week with weekends as and when required
Support the smooth running of Catering services and standards that drives Centre’s delivery and achievement of the highest levels of guest satisfaction and ensures achievement of costs in line with budgets.
Assist in the preparation and provision of meals ensuring compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
• Undertake menu planning in consultation with the Catering Manager & Head Chef
• Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
• Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
• Oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
• Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wear, is worn at all times
• Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendations as appropriate.
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
• Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
• Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
• Order and take delivery of supplies.
• Prepare and cook meals and snacks following pre-set menus in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations to ensure meals are nutritious, appetising and meet dietary
• Previous experience working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers.
• A positive attitude and commitment to providing nutritious meals
• The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate would be advantageous
• Understands and able to apply Health and Safety procedures relevant to the job such as; Manual handling; safe use of machinery and/or equipment; COSHH; First Aid and Hygiene Practice.
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.