Chief Instructor, Water Sports
Bembridge, Isle of Wight
£25,000 per annum
Chief Instructor, Water Sports
Full Time – 5 shifts out of 7
Isle of Wight
£25,000 + per annum (Depending on experience)
Create and deliver an environment where guest focus drives the delivery of the Kingswood land and water programmes, ensure that Kingswood’s land and water programmes are delivered to the highest standard, through management, design and development of programmes, coordination of resources, and delivery of effective training.
To lead the development and strategic planning of a productive workforce for the delivery of an excellent customer experience, as well as developing the land and water products and programmes that Kingswood Learning and Leisure delivers to its guests and to assist in finely tuning processes and procedures which in turn will lead to an excellent guest experience and increase profits through improved service.
To oversee the land a water Training and Development Programme for the Isle of Wight in order to deliver the designated programmes based on operational requirements, budgetary constraints and according to agreed standards and objectives.
· Oversee the delivery of safe, high quality, effective land and water sessions.
· Develop and Assist in seeking effective and efficient solutions to maximise the use of set budgets in respect to training, equipment and product developments.
· Develop and Assist in seeking new products, programmes, courses or development opportunities to increase the portfolio of that can be offered.
· Manage and oversee the carrying out of internal quality checks on delivery & training delivery.
· To forecast, monitor and report staff requirements and effectively monitor and record staffing levels in regards the activity programme.
· Ensure full compliance with H & S at Work legislation is met.
· Compliance with Company and Industry best practice in relation to safe delivery of our activities during training (via the Kingswood Group Safety Policy).
· Ensure all water sports programmes are carried out and are compliant in line with the Company’s session plans, which are underpinned by regulated bodies, for example BAHA/AALA.
· Driving Licence
· BC Sea Kayak Coach (L3) or BC Coach/Level 2 plus 4 star Sea Kayak Leader or Moderate Water, Sea
· First Aid Qualification
· Ability to drive, motivate and enthuse teams
· Good communicator both written and oral
· Good understanding of financial targets/budgets
· Results driven with the ability to get things done
· Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
· Experience of working in a fast paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines
· NMWSP L3 qualifies
· RLSS NBLQ
· BC SUP
· Surf Qualification
· Wider range of outdoor qualifications
· Course provider
· APIOL holder
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.