• Accountable for the planning and implementation of Catering services and standards that drives Centre’s delivery and achievement of the highest levels of guest satisfaction and ensures achievement of costs in line with budgets.
• Accountable for the implementation and auditing of all Catering SOPs in respect of current safety and food hygiene legislation (H&S, HACCP, COSHH) thus providing a safe environment for guests and colleagues.
• Accountable for building relationships with both our National and Local suppliers.
• To fully support and exemplify the overall company purpose and values of – ‘Keep it Simple’; ‘Know your Stuff’; ‘Give it your all’; ‘Make it Fun’ and ‘Own it’
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities
Management and Team Development
• To recruit, manage, develop, motivate and inspire direct reports through effective performance management and communication to deliver Centre goals and KPI’s.
• Responsible for ensuring all staff are fully trained to company standards.
• Thorough effective rota scheduling, to ensure the centre complies with the working time directive and if necessary, highlight concerns to key stakeholders.
• To develop the Kingswood groups catering teams to deliver the best to our guest.
Quality and Standards
• Deliver catering standards that delight clients and meet Company Standards.
• Ensuring that stock levels are managed in a cost effective and timely manner, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum.
• Working with key stakeholders to implement, review and audit catering presentation and safety standards that meet Kingswood SOPs, HSE and current Food Hygiene legislation and which provide the highest quality standards of service delivery to guests.
• Provide accurate and timely catering reports that permit prompt business decision making.
• Create, in conjunction with our National Suppliers, effective menus that will ultimately cater for a varying array of our guest’s needs and tastes.
• Understand the varied needs of our International/faith and sole use guests and ensure their catering needs are satisfied.
• Pro-active liaison with the Guest Services team, to ensure that a full understanding of guests dietary requirements are understood on a daily basis.
• Provide feedback to Catering Manager – Norwich and Centre Manager with regards to improvement for menus, following Guest\Staff feedback.
• Drive a culture of customer service throughout all of the Catering team, ensuring the best customer service is delivered at all times.
• To personally demonstrate a high level of customer service/interaction (feedback meetings, dining room etc) and creating a culture where feedback is encouraged and is acted upon in a positive manner.
• Devise menu cards that’s allow catering teams to effectively cater for guests with specific dietary requirements (No Nuts, Celiac etc.).
• Delivering the best in class, catering experience.
• Sharing of best practice across the group.
• Ensure best value for money for all catering supplies and services (e.g. Food, Equipment, cleaning materials).
• Preparing accurate and timely reports in line with company Standards.
• Identify, evaluate, implement and communicate cost saving opportunities, whilst ensuring guest satisfaction levels are not compromised.
• Working with Centre Manager provide accurate and timely budget information that ensures all costs associated with the Catering functions are clearly identified, analysed and correctly allocated.
Typical knowledge, skills and experience
• Proven experience of food preparation in a fast paced commercial environment.
• Proven people management and development skills with the ability to drive, motivate and enthuse, teams.
• City and Guilds (Catering) 7061/2.
• Advanced Food Hygiene.
• Excellent communicator.
• Commercially astute with experience of delivering financial targets/budgets.
• Results driven with the ability to get things done.
• Manage relationships effectively with a strong ability to persuade and influence.
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication to match audience.
• Confident and calm under pressure.
• Open and honest, acts with integrity.
• Versatile and resilient.
• Receives feedback in a positive manner and acts upon it.
• Customer focussed with a passion for delivering high levels of service.
• Willingness to learn and develop self.
Evaluates the commercial and financial implications of decisions, considering the wider People and operational context. Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Evaluates the full implications of actions on other parts of the business. Thinks outside of the ‘functional silo’. Stays up to date with customer trends, identifying opportunities and threats at an early stage.
Honesty and Transparency
Asks for feedback from the Organisation on how to improve. Meets the needs of internal customers, by supporting and engaging when required. Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems and demonstrates good recovery from complaints. Gives open and honest feedback at all levels even when it’s difficult. Meets and exceeds internal customer expectations. Is open honest and Transparent even when things go wrong.
Innovative & Adaptive
Challenges people to find ways of improving what is done. Asking those critical questions to challenge, ‘How we do things’. Encourages and supports development of new processes and procedures. Works productively in a high pressure environment.
Welcomes change in a positive light, supporting their teams to embrace new ways of working.
Leading & Collaborating
Initiates action and provides others with clear direction. Challenges inappropriate or ineffective behaviour.
Works with subject experts to get the best possible solution. Takes responsibility for actions. Is self-confident and is seen as credible and a go to person by others. Welcomes new ideas and ensures everyone has a voice.
Keeps own knowledge and skills up to date practicing continuing professional development. Delivers results through teams and people. Actively seeks to stretch capability and scope of responsibilities. Challenges and sets, ‘Stretching’ goals for their team, providing feedback on performance and behaviours. Addressing under performance at the first opportunity.
Is sensitive to non-verbal cues, to other people’s feelings and emotions, and responds with sensitivity.
Communicates openly and freely with colleagues and teams to ensure that they can see the big picture.
Successfully persuades and influences others.
Presents information in a way that engages and motivates the audience. Is self-aware and changes style to suit the relevant audience.