Assistant General Manager
Denaby, Conisbrough, South Yorkshire DN12 4EA
Assistant General Manager
Salary: £32,000 PA
To support the General Manager with the delivery of operations, profitability, (EBITDA), Performance and growth of your allocated centre.
Establish leadership, management and development skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
You will be responsible for driving the Customer Service Culture across all departments, ensuring that all clients have the best experience; addressing and dealing with any concerns in a timely and effective manner.
To create and deliver a guest experience focusing on the delivery of Centre KPI’s, Company’s mission statement and strategic objectives and to retain our team members through positive engagement.
To be accountable for the delivery of all operational SOP’s and safe environments for customers and colleagues.
To deliver educational programmes that delight guests and teachers by achieving pre-defined objectives.
Support the General Manager to ensure the centre is running in a cost effective manner and cascade this to different departments to ensure consistency.
To be a powerful role model for new and existing employees in developing a highly enthusiastic and productive Kingswood workforce motivated to deliver an excellent level of performance and the very best customer service experience.
Deputise for the General Manager as and when required ensuring the centre is smooth running, compliant to all operating procedures and guests are delighted.
To fully support and exemplify the overall company purpose and values of – ‘Keep it Simple’; ‘Know your Stuff’; ‘Give it your all’; ‘Make it Fun’ and ‘Own it’.
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities -
Customer Service ‘Wowing Guests’
· To continuously achieve standards and customer service levels at the centre across all departments.
· To improve the delivery of all activity programmes in terms of quality and customer service.
· To work towards and achieve KPI’s and performance objectives to agreed levels including NPS goals.
· To ensure the on centre customer journey (arrival through to departure) and experience is in line with brand standards and the team go out of their way to always exceed expectations.
· To understand the requirements of our International guests and ensure their needs are satisfied, for example, catering, EFL and activity programmes.
· Support the delivery of Camp Beaumont programmes that inspire and entertain children and achieve pre-defined performance measurements.
· Ensure all communication is handled in a professional and timely manner eg. Centre diary, internal communication arrivals, previews, visitors, guests, and supplier and Head Office queries.
· Ensure all guests and visitors are greeted and dealt with in a welcoming and professional manner.
· Personally demonstrate a high level of customer service/interaction and a culture where feedback is encouraged and responded to and acted upon in a positive manner.
People and Team Excellence
· To demonstrate that people are at the heart of what we do and use innovative ways to recognise and reward team members.
· To fully support the Team Survey/Customer service measurement initiatives
· To ensure the Centre delivers against the Gallup 12 measures on a consistent and highly effective way and in support of the eNPS scores.
· To ensure that the Company’s safeguarding policy statement and procedures are adhered to always and appropriate records kept.
· To ensure that all management and team members receive an annual formal review and development discussion (RADD) with supporting monthly one2one review meeting, assessing both business and personal performance and development.
· To support the HOD’s with regular reviews, ensure they have individual reviews with their team, coaching, training and feedback mechanisms and tools.
· To ensure all team members have completed all statutory training via the Learning management system.
· To ensure all team members are inducted and trained to the right level to meet the needs of the operations and to then develop and prepare them for future progression.
· To support the government new Apprenticeship scheme and related Kingswood delivery and Management Development Apprentice programmes across the business.
· To ensure the Learning Outcomes methodology remains best in class and continually seeks way to deliver the best educational products in the sector.
· To support the General Manager to ensure the Resourcing and Manpower Plan (team member numbers) meets the needs of the business and is able to react to change.
· To ensure the clear communication between departments to ensure budget is reflective of guest numbers.
· Deliver designated projects on time to define standards and be in line with agreed budgets.
· Deputise and support for the General Manager and also in their absence.
· HR Policies and procedure are complied with through direct reports and in line with Company Standards.
· Manage and minute team meetings in line with the agreed communication strategy ensuring all assigned actions are followed through and delivered.
Financial Excellence -
To support the General Manager with P&L for their centre.
To support the General Manager in controlling and overseeing the operational centre budget in close liaison with the Finance Team and Regional Head of Operations.
To work closely with the General Manager and the sales team to ensure that sales revenue streams from the different customer channels will be effectively managed within the centres.
To support the delivery of business growth, cost saving opportunities and ensuring guest satisfaction levels are not compromised.
Work with the General Manager to ensure payroll reflects budgets and is accurately submitted according to company standards.
To work with the General Manager on the forecasting of future budgets.
To ensure the effective management of data and documents in line with the GDPR regulations.
To understand and ensure current and future customer expectations are met.
To design, implement and continuously improve systems and procedures across centres, leading to improved efficiencies in service levels and financial results.
To effectively operate all services; health & Safety and safeguarding compliance, risk management and insurance arrangements.
To keep abreast of external developments within the outdoor education sector that could ‘add value’ to the company operations.
To ensure the centre is well maintained so that it meets at all times all legally required standards related to food hygiene, Ofsted, SFA etc.
Support the delivery of agreed KPI’s this will include all departments.
Provide a safe, secure, comfortable and professional environment for guests, colleagues and visitors.
To share the ownership of the General Managers scheduled reports that accurately reflect centre performance and is supported by practical achievable solutions to deliver a culture of continuous development/improvement.
To undertake regular session observations providing verbal and documented feedback.
Key Relationships & Stakeholders:
To establish excellent working relationships with the Inspiring Learning Operational Leadership Team and their respective teams.
To support Operational Teams with the following key relationships:
Children staying at the Kingswood Centres and taking part in the educational programmes with age ranges from 5-17 years.
Teachers who reside with the children on the educational programmes and who are the ‘key customers’ as they book and organise the trips liaising directly with the parents.
Operational team members who have responsibilities in the provision of catering, accommodation, and additional entertainment at centre.
Health and Safety and Safeguarding compliance and other key service suppliers for the centre.
Typical knowledge, skills and experience
Established leadership, management and development skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
Excellent communicator both written and oral
Recognised as a role model for customer service
Commercially astute with experience of delivering financial targets/budgets
Results driven with the ability to get things done.
Task orientated with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
Solutions driven with ability to persuade and influence
Ability to champion and drive change
Experience of managing a fast paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines
Strong line management experience.
Good working understanding of Office IT Products and other company related systems.
Personable with the ability to adapt communication to match audience
Calm under pressure
Open and honest
Versatile and resilient
Receives feedback in a positive manner and acts upon it
Self-starter with the ability to motivate and mentor
Customer focussed with a passion for delivering high levels of service and financial results