Assistant General Manager
Green Park, Aylesbury
Job title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Centre Manager
Locations : GreenPark, Aylesbury
Salary: £32,000 PA
• To support the General Manager with the delivery of operations, profitability, (EBITDA), Performance and growth of your allocated centre.
• Establish leadership, management and development skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
• You will be responsible for driving the Customer Service Culture across all departments, ensuring that all clients have the best experience; addressing and dealing with any concerns in a timely and effective manner.
• To create and deliver a guest experience focusing on the delivery of Centre KPI’s, Company’s mission statement and strategic objectives and to retain our team members through positive engagement.
• To be accountable for the delivery of all operational SOP’s and safe environments for customers and colleagues.
• To deliver educational programmes that delight guests and teachers by achieving pre-defined objectives.
• Support the General Manager to ensure the centre is running in a cost effective manner and cascade this to different departments to ensure consistency.
• To be a powerful role model for new and existing employees in developing a highly enthusiastic and productive Kingswood workforce motivated to deliver an excellent level of performance and the very best customer service experience.
• Deputise for the General Manager as and when required ensuring the centre is smooth running, compliant to all operating procedures and guests are delighted.
To fully support and exemplify the overall company purpose and values of – ‘Keep it Simple’; ‘Know your Stuff’; ‘Give it your all’; ‘Make it Fun’ and ‘Own it’.
Typical knowledge, skills and experience:
• Established leadership, management and development skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
• Excellent communicator both written and oral
• Recognised as a role model for customer service
• Commercially astute with experience of delivering financial targets/budgets
• Results driven with the ability to get things done.
• Task orientated with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
• Solutions driven with ability to persuade and influence
• Ability to champion and drive change
• Experience of managing a fast paced environment and delivering to tight deadlines
• Strong line management experience.
• Good working understanding of Office IT Products and other company related systems.
• Personable with the ability to adapt communication to match audience
• Calm under pressure
• Open and honest
• Versatile and resilient
• Receives feedback in a positive manner and acts upon it
• Self-starter with the ability to motivate and mentor
• Customer focussed with a passion for delivering high levels of service and financial results
• Willingness to learn and develop self.
Our culture is built of sustaining a safe working, living and visiting environment, where safeguarding underpins everything we do, the way we manage our teams and engage with our guests. This comes from creating a foundation of checks and measures we undertake to ensure we attract, recruit and employ the right people, committed to our overall aims.
What is a DBS check?
A DBS Check is a Disclosure and Barring Service Check has the following key purposes:
1. DBS Checks are a vital part of safeguarding for an organisation, as well as ensuring that they are able to employ suitable candidates
2. Preventing (and keeping records of) unsuitable individuals from working with vulnerable groups
3. Check if there’s any reason a potential employee is inappropriate for the role that they’ve applied for
4. To respond to referrals from organisations that are concerned that a candidate may not be suitable for a job due to the reasons above
5. Its aim is to verify a person has no previous convictions that may make them unsuitable, and they don’t pose a risk to the safety of the children we work with and other people. Due to this, all potential employees must have a DBS check completed. Once a DBS check is completed, a certificate will be issued directly to you
6. You won’t be able to start working in your new role until your DBS check has been completed
7. If you have DBS certificate registered with the update service, you won’t need to do a new DBS check, but we will need your certificate number to verify this.