Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship
Apprentices & Activities Team
9 UK LOCATIONS
£8,994.00 + FREE FOOD & ACCOMMODATION
Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship
Total hours per week: 40
Course duration: 14 Months
Qualification type: Advanced Level Apprenticeship Level 3
Start date: 1st August 2022
Closing Date: 18th July 2022
This is what you'll get:
• A chance to earn while you learn
• Gain a wide range of instructor qualifications, recognised worldwide!
• A unique workplace; dive into nature and make the great outdoors your office
• An option to move away from home and get free accommodation and food for 14 months at one of our 9 UK locations
• Be part of our one-of-a-kind activities team
• Functional Skills If you need it!
• A chance to achieve extra qualification
• Make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime
LIFE CHANGERS WANTED! You really will be creating lifelong, memorable moments for children that will last forever. At Kingswood, we pride ourselves in delivering the very best exhilarating activities as well as building unforgettable memories. We don’t just want Kingswood to stay in people’s minds, we want our staff too as well!
Our apprenticeship programme provides an experience like no other! We have 11 locations across the UK, 9 of which offer you a unique apprenticeship, mixing education with work, new adventures and life skills.
- Green Park, Buckinghamshire
- Grosvenor hall, Kent
- Overstrand Hall, North Norfolk
- Colomendy, North Wales
- Isle of Wight
- West Runton, North Norfolk
- Dearne Valley, South Yorkshire
- Peak Venture, Sheffield
- Dukeshouse Wood, Northumberland
- Staffordshire, Wolverhampton
• To deliver a variety of outdoor and classroom based sessions
• Lead high adrenaline outdoor activities using a range of specialist equipment
• To undertake various NGB qualifications
• Ensure activities are delivered in line with appropriate standards
• Partake and deliver entertainments sessions
• Ensure all equipment and safety checks are conducted in line with company procedures
• Ensure compliance with company H&S policy
• Understand and comply with the Company’s Safeguarding Policy
• To support centre projects
• What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
• Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths & English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices would look to progress within a range of positions in the outdoor sector from Multi-Activity Leader, Environmental Education Tutor, Activity Instructor, Ranger and National Park Guide. World recognised qualifications.
How much will you earn whilst on the course?
- Earn £10,493 in 14 months!
- Pay no NI or Tax contributions
- As you’re not paying for food or accommodation, you keep everything you earn!
- Plus 5.6 weeks holiday
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills, customer care skills, problem solving skills, presentation skills, logical, team working, creative, initiative, non-judgemental, patience and physical fitness.
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent English (Grade Level 1) essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent maths (Grade level 1) essential
Kingswood is part of Inspiring Learning - Kingswood states - "we believe if we attract and develop talented, happy and committed team members we will not only deliver wonderfully well to our guests but will also be a team talented people want to join – a perfect circle!" Kingswood have centres in Colomendy, North Wales, South Yorkshire, Northumberland, Kent, Isle of Wight, Norfolk, South Yorkshire & the West Midlands
This vacancy meets disability confidence requirements
SKERN LODGE – Company Values:
We provide the best for you
We'll plan and run your programme to meet your needs. Our aim is to provide a life-enhancing experience for all participants, in a safe, relaxed and friendly environment.
We improve our own business
We continually invest in the buildings, facilities, activities and equipment. By listening to your feedback, we make improvements year on year.
We always develop our team
Exceptional individuals, and a model of good teamwork. Quite simply, we realise our people make the difference - and our customers continue to tell us.