Environmental Adventure Leader
Apprentices & Activities Team
Full Time – 40hrs
To deliver Environmental Courses to Key Stages 2 & 3, GCSE and AS/A2 Level students. To lead challenging Adventure Activities including for example Archery, Team Challenge and Climbing. To support other Kingswood departments as required.
• To deliver Kingswood Environmental studies to a pre-defined standard.
• Assist with the development of new environmental field studies.
• When not delivering the Environmental studies programmes, to also assist with the delivery of a variety of outdoor and classroom based sessions which may include:
- Water Sports (e.g. Kayaking, Raft building)
- Rope Activities (e.g. Climbing, Abseiling, High ropes course)
- Motor Sports (e.g. Quad biking, Go-Karting)
- Target Sports (e.g. Archery, Fencing)
- Classroom Sessions (e.g. ICT sessions)
- Field Games/Fun Fillers (e.g. sports nights, circus skills, evening entertainment)
• Group leading – customer service contact and liaison with party leader of assigned group to ensure programme requirements are met
• Liaise with other instructors working with the same group to ensure that the delivery of the programme is consistent.
• Effectively manage field equipment when off site, safely return field equipment to centre at end of study and inform environmental coordinator / lead instructor of missing / damaged equipment if appropriate.
• Ensure that the guests leave with all the resources required to continue to carry out their studies once their visit to Kingswood ends.
• Responsible for the health and safety of all group members and to take reasonable steps to ensure safety of colleagues when off site.
• Comply with and actively monitor adherence to the company Health and Safety policy and procedures.
• Liaise with the environmental coordinator / lead instructor regarding changes to the groups’ study programme.
• Liaise with coach drivers to ensure efficient transport arrangements.
• Liaise with external providers of facilities and amenities which the group may use when on off site study visits.
• Show initiative regarding their own personal development and willingness to broaden their own knowledge of unfamiliar study topics.
• Undertake training towards qualification in various NGB (National Governing Body) Awards
• Be a role model to apprentice instructors and new environmental instructors.
• Fulfilling the role of overnight duty instructor / or duty support roles.
• Driving duties of the company vehicles and complying with the companies regulations regarding vehicle safety. (If appropriate).
• Maintenance of the site and equipment’s as required.
• Providing support to other departments within the facilities departments as required (e.g. Catering, domestics and maintenance).
• Should be qualified to degree level in geography/biology/environmental science or related subject.
• Must have good interpersonal, communication and planning / organisational skills.
• Must be able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Must be responsible and professional in all areas of work.
• Desire\ experience of working with children.
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.