Sales Centre Manager
£35,000 - £40,000
The Sales Centre Manager will be responsible for driving sales via multiple channels, the Web and Telephone channels, both inbound and outbound, running campaigns where required and diverting resource to ensuring that channels KPI’s are met.
• Structure, motivate and lead a sales team that is scalable, flexible and able to over deliver on the businesses revenue/margin targets
• Drive sales by developing strong relationships with current and future business partners through an effective account and team management
• Ensure annual sales targets are exceeded and that the sales pipeline is adequate at all times
• Sales forecasting (online and offline)
• Reviewing and reporting performance, identifying trends, opportunities and risks
• Manage financial budgets and targets in order to maximise profitability
• Monitor market trends and competitor pricing and activity
• Provide high levels of customer service
• Liaise with operating departments to ensure increased levels of product delivery and a good understanding of your market
• Developing and implementing initiatives to maximise opportunities – review and reporting of impact
• In conjunction with the marketing department formulate compelling marketing strategies that assist in delivering on revenue targets.
• Performance Management versus sales targets
• Ensure that you and your team are compliant with Kingswood policies and legislations, GDPR, Bribery act etc
• Ensure a full and deep understanding of the group’s wide and varied product portfolio to enable effective cross selling where possible.
• Provide regular sales reports and business updates as and when required
• To undertake any other duties in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
• Experience of developing a high performing team through coaching and mentoring
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing a sales team focusing on new and repeat business
• Experience of formulating and delivering sales strategies that have resulted in revenue growth
• Experience within a fast paced sales environment, with inbound and outbound sales channels
• Experience of running an effective P&L
• Knowledge of industry sector competitors, an understanding of their USP and facilities
• Knowledge of the outdoor activity industry, ideally with some operational experience and the understanding of education products and learning outcomes in line with Government policies
• Take advantage of market trends by introducing initiatives which result in increased sales
• Experience of formulating first class marketing strategies
• Ensure each channel and individual has clear sales targets and KPI’s
• Knowledge of company policies and relevant legislation
• An excellent relationship manager and networker
• An ability to demonstrate first rate organisational skills and project management skills
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.