IT Support Engineer
Field Based Roles
Brighton / Hybrid
For over 35 years, our transformative trips have encouraged both adults and young people to build confidence and resilience by using the great outdoors and our selection of adventurous, challenging and high-adrenaline activities. With ten activity centres across the UK, a Château in France, and a centre in Hong Kong, we provide unbeatable life changing experiences for everyone.
A key department in ensuring our teams can deliver the best possible service is our IT Team. As a Support Engineer, your role will include receiving, prioritising, documenting, investigating and actively resolving support requests from our colleagues across all brands of Inspiring Learning in a timely manner.
A large proportion of this job requires talking to colleagues and 3rd party support partners on the telephone so the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, and will be good at building relationships with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also assist with maintenance and support of Inspiring Learning’s IT infrastructure (including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers, switches, WiFi, storage, security, software applications, external hosting, remote offices and backups).
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities
In this exciting and varied role you will be expected to:
· Manage and resolve support issues that are reported to the IT team effectively and efficiently via the IT Helpdesk
· Act as a technical authority, providing expertise to colleagues
· Ensure that we surpass our colleagues’ expectations for the provision of support
· Communicate clearly with all colleagues and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
· Remote Support for Camp Beaumont on 6 setup Saturdays per year.
Typical work activities include:
· Log and review incoming support requests on the Helpdesk System
· Take ownership of and work to resolve support queries
· Keep colleagues updated in a professional manner ensuring accuracy of details
· Troubleshoot problems and provide advice on the appropriate action
· Analyse and resolve faults ranging from systems failures to forgotten passwords
· Implement and manage improvements to operational systems configurations
· Ensure that documentation and job notes are kept up-to-date and accurate
· Configure a range of devices for colleagues, installing software and carrying out routine maintenance to hardware and software
· Other duties as and when required by the management.
Typical knowledge, skills and experience
Technical skills required:
· Previous experience in a broad IT support role (3 years)
· Experienced at working with 3rd party support partners
· Ability to produce clear, concise and accurate documentation and job notes
· Windows 10 to an advanced level
· Office 2013 / 2016 to an advanced level
· Experience of O365
· Laptop and PC builds from images
· Windows Server 2008 / 2012 administration
· Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange administration
· Experienced in administering DNS, group policies and Email security systems
· Experience with Routers, Switches, VPNs and wireless networks
· Experience of Antivirus (Trend preferably) and WSUS for Windows updates
· Understanding of telephony systems and their administration. (Preferably Avaya)
· Strong understanding of backup and restore methods.
· Knowledge of DFS in Windows 2012 Server
· Possess a clean driving licence and have access to a car.
· Creative thinking around process design with a desire to improve service delivery
· Knowledge of Network design, build and troubleshooting (switches and routers)
· ITIL Foundation qualified.
· Knowledge of Apple computer systems and software would be useful.
· Ability to communication at a technical level appropriate to the circumstances e.g. for colleagues with varying levels of IT knowledge & competence.
· Skills to deal with difficult or demanding colleagues.
· Positive attitude, friendly manner and excellent phone etiquette
· Possess clear & confident communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a friendly, calm and reassuring manner
· Possess excellent problem solving ability, and tenacity to investigate issues when answers or solutions aren't immediately obvious
· Possess the ability to research for solutions to problems
· Be self-organised, methodical and committed to performing to the best of your ability
· Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and escalate accordingly
· Demonstrate a natural interest in IT with a desire to stay abreast of new technologies.
· Ability to self-manage the assimilation of new technical skills quickly
· Show a continual desire to learn and build new skills
· Possess dedication to pursue issues from beginning to end, a completer finisher
· Show initiative and be capable of working unsupervised on many occasions